(Teachers: Complete the online ELC Referral Form to refer a student for help.)
Students: You must bring a hard copy of your assignment to your appointment.
Our highly trained instructors will consult with you individually on a variety of course assignments and/or papers at any stage and in any subject. Individual consultations are 60 minutes. Try to book several days in advance to ensure you get a spot. Here are our policies:
- You may reserve 1 appointment per week if you are an undergraduate student you may book an appointment with the Writing Centre located in the library
- You may only book appointments for yourself
- If you require support for a team assignment, all team members are welcome to the appointment; however, if you are the only member seeking support you may only seek support for your portion of the assignment, and all team members must be made aware of and agree using the Group Consent Form
- Please go to our ‘online appointment calendar’ to book your appointment
- You may also drop-in to the ELC if there are no previously scheduled appointments for the time you require. Here is our policy on drop-ins…
- Drop-in appointments are 30 minutes long
- Schedules are posted outside the ELC office. You may sign your name in any of the available time slots (no more than 1 per day)
- Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee you a drop-in appointment on any particular day
- Please bring specific questions and consider ahead of time which part of your assignment or paper needs the most attention so that you make the best use of your limited time
- If you need to cancel or change a previously scheduled appointment, please contact the ELC at least 24 hours in advance
- Failure to appear for a booked appointment or repeatedly cancelling without providing proper notice may result in your ELC privileges being reduced to drop-in appointments only
If you are more than 15 minutes late, you may lose your appointment time.